Air-cooled condenser (ACC) technology does not need water to condense the process fluid. In this system, exhaust steam from the turbine flows counter-currently through the tube bundles of an ACC and is condensed in parallel flow tube bundles using air flow induced by axial fans.
B&W SPIG offers design, engineering, manufacture and installation of ACC systems suitable for power plants, waste-to-energy plants, chemical and petrochemical industry, and oil refineries, to name a few.
Features of B&W SPIG ACC designs include:
• A-frame, V-frame or Δ-frame configurations
• Low fan power consumption
• Resistant to corrosion and freezing conditions
• Low maintenance
• Options for double row tube bundles or single-row aluminum fin tube bundles
Advantages of single-row aluminum fin tube bundles include:
• Lower pressure drop (steam-side and air-side)
• Higher thermal efficiency
• No dead zones
• Lower fan power consumption
• Lower sound levels
• Lower weight per surface area
• Higher corrosion resistance